Thursday, May 7, 2009

Optimism

I was watching Micheal J Fox last night on his TV special-- Adventures with the incurable optimist

He actually had some very interesting things to say. I am a very optimistic person and enjoy being surrounded by positive people. I was very interesting in the people from Bhutan (in Asia). They live thier life to optimize hapiness. They actualy measure thier lives and success as a people through Gross national happiness, as we measure our success through gross national product. 

I wish that people had more of that outlook on life in the US. It seems that people are so career and product driven that they can not see the happiness in thier lives. I am sure that it is culturally driven- Bhutan take a very communal outlook on life, while western United states is mostly individualistic. I have actually heard converstation that this general out look on life is changing due to economic hardships. Banding together and supporting one another. I hope that this is true because communal living, I believe, creates acceptance and optimism. You are all in this together and will pull through together. 

On a slightly different note, I have been listening to a lot of classical music, since I have been studying for finals. Here is one of my favorites, which was brought to life for Fantasia 2000. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment